If you follow me on social media you'll know it's been a crazy year but one of the highlights for me was being asked to design a set of three felt ornaments for American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, published by Better Homes and Gardens. I can't begin to tell you how hard it's been to keep quiet about it!  








The stitch along will be very informal, this is my first time organizing one.  In this blog post you'll find information about everything you need and some links to help you gather supplies.  

We'll start on Saturday October 24th and I'll post on Instagram and Facebook every couple of days with the next steps and tips until we are finished.  

You'll need... 

1.  A copy of the magazine which is now out in stores.  If you are not in the US and cannot get hold of copy, I encourage you to draw a simple house shape and use that.  I'm going to show you how to add the details.  I cannot sell the pattern on my website.  

2.  Felt, either a kit from me to make one of each cottage, which you can find here (I have limited supplies). Or you can get the same high quality 100% wool felt at the following websites.  You'll need the following colors... black, cinnamon, light tan, med tan, dark tan, natural white, silver grey, med grey, dark grey, brown, dark brown, med green and dark green.  The websites listed below all have their own names for these colors but just pick the ones you like or make up your own color combo!  Janet over at Felt On The Fly has put together a kit of 8x12 felt sheets in exactly the colors I've used so if you know you'd like to make more than one ornament, this would be a great kit to get.  

A Child's Dream  Look for Holland felt
Weir Crafts  Look for Holland felt
Felt On The Fly felt kit or felt and floss kit  See it in the photo below!  





3.  You'll also need sharp scissors and here is a link to my review of small detail scissors over on Instagram and my favorite pair.  

4.  The only other supply is floss and I usually use DMC floss that I get at my local big box fabric/craft store.  You'll need colors that tone with the felt but they don't need to be an exact match.   

The DMC colors I used are 
321
4045
black 
white
904
648
415
300
898
3782






Magazine images.....Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2020 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.









 

Comments

Popular Posts