On My Worktable This Week, Felt Owls and Mini Felt Christmas Stockings, Oh And Another Costume!

For the early part of this week, I was consumed with the "Loki" costume I posted about here.  It was a big success, the only drawback being, that it was another very warm day and so my daughter was a bit uncomfortable in her layers of faux leather!  I think, however, that the coolness factor outweighed the discomfort!  Once the costume was finished on Tuesday evening, it was back to smaller projects.  I have been finishing up some hanging owls and making some pretty embroidered mini stockings.  These are all for the quilt show which is coming next weekend!  I am happy with how the little felt stockings are turning out.  They are just the right size for a candy cane and I had hoped to find some candy canes to put in them but no-one has them yet!  I found some on Amazon but all the reviews said they were broken on arrival which is not what I want at all.  









In addition to these projects, I have been thinking about another costume.  My daughter needs to dress up as Queen Elizabeth 1 next week for her European History class.  At first she thought she might be able to alter a dress from the thrift store if she could find an appropriate dress but then she began to research Queen Elizabeth's wardrobe and quickly realized that it wasn't as simple as she first thought!  We ended up at our fabric and craft store yesterday afternoon searching out a pattern and some sale fabrics.  Thankfully she sews too and is going to make the skirt while I make the bodice.  It's a fairly complicated pattern, after all, Queen Elizabeth the first was clearly not into the ideas of "less is more" or 'simple, clean lines"!  I'll keep you posted on our progress!






Comments

  1. How do you cut the stockings so perfect? Die cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm not "Anonymous", I'm Angele the author of this blog! I cut my felt shapes freehand unless I need to cut a lot of them then I make a quick paper template to cut around so they are all the same. I find this is quicker than using a die cutting machine but you could do that too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to filter out the irritating spammy stuff.

Popular Posts