Gluten Free English Style Pancakes After A Day On Our Feet At The Quilt Show

I had such a great time at the quilt show.  I was a little apprehensive, not knowing what to expect but the lady organizing the vendors was wonderful and helped settle me in!  I set up on Friday afternoon and then was back at 9.30am on Saturday morning for a 10am start.  I was very happy with how my stall looked.  My bunting was much admired and gave my stall a colorful, festive look. I ended up with more table space than I was expecting which was great and allowed me to spread everything out a bit more and have an area for wrapping.  I met lots of really nice people including another Etsy shop owner from the Monterey area.  I was asked to consider selling at two other much larger shows by members of the guilds organizing those shows.  I was flattered to be asked and will seriously think about it.  In terms of sales, it was a very successful show.  I really hadn't know what to expect, this being my first ever show but I didn't have much to bring home!.  My pincushions and needle books look even better in real life than in the photos and it's helpful for people to be able to pick them up and feel how soft and lovely the wool felt is.  I almost sold out of my embroidered pumpkins and only have a few of my owls left.  I will be sewing like mad now to catch up and prepare for the Holiday Season!  





My daughter helped at the show and was a wonderful helper, greeting people and working out that I could use my "Square" credit card reader for my phone as cash register for accepting cash and checks as well as credit cards!  When we got home we were exhausted!  We spent some time in the hot tub and made some gluten free "English" style pancakes that we served with brown sugar and lemon juice or strawberry jam.  Yum!  The perfect sweet ending to the day!





Comments

  1. Looks like you had a really good day, I love the pumpkins a nice seasonal touch - excellent selling point. It all looks really professional. Well done. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to filter out the irritating spammy stuff.

Popular Posts