Some time ago I wrote about this piece of embroidery in this post. I pulled it out again this weekend and decided to make a cushion cover. I had been procrastinating because I forgot to wash the linen before beginning the embroidery and wasn't sure what to make with it because of this (linen shrinks significantly). If it needs it, I will have to carefully spot clean it. For the back I used a piece of lime green fabric with a woodgrain print on it. I've had this in my fabric stash for a long time and I love it. I think I've used a little bit of it in nearly all my quilts!
It didn't take long to make the cushion cover. I didn't have a zipper the right size so I made a simple envelope closure. It looks pretty cute sitting on a vintage beechwood chair in my dining room.