On My Worktable This Monday Morning

It is a beautiful sunny Monday morning.  The Fall leaves are at their most lovely against the clear, bright blue sky.  There is a slight breeze blowing the scrunchy leaves down the street making such a happy noise, which almost (but not quite) hides the sound of the power tool someone is using somewhere in the neighborhood!  

I am working on multiple things this week.  Things are getting busier in my shop as the Holidays approach, so I'm happy with that, but also trying to keep my shop fresh and stocked!  I stuffed and finished up two Union Jack pincushions last night as I was watching "Death Comes To Pemberley"  I read the book when it first came out and didn't love it but the adaptation is wonderful.  I think the casting is excellent and the story moves right along, quickly drawing you in.  


This morning I have been cutting out parts for some hedgehog pincushions and needle books. This was my first design so I've been feeling like it needed tweaking.  I've added a different color way in addition to the original and changed the flowers on the side band.  I'm looking forward to getting started on these.  I also have several new designs that I'm thinking about, they are in the drawing phase!  I am feeling inspired at the moment, I wonder if it's the change in season?  


I didn't mean to lay that out to look like a caboose, it does though, doesn't it?!!!  The felt that looks orange in these photos is not really as bright as that.  It is a dark coral color.  



Below are flowers for the side bands and hedgehog ears.  The ears are hard to cut out because they are so small!  I always cut a few extras because I usually end up losing one or two.  So, plenty to keep me busy.







Comments

Popular Posts