Hello November


It's been a busy few days around here.  I was away in the mountains for a couple of days to deep clean our cabin but also to recharge.  I got lots done as the rain fell and bits of tree debris blew down and it felt good.  The sewing projects I'd taken to work on didn't pan out as I expected but more of that another day.   On Sunday evening my daughter and I went to see the first Harry Potter movie shown on a huge screen with a live orchestra playing the soundtrack.  It was just completely wonderful.  I love how young the actors look and I never tire of watching Professor Snape who I think is my favorite character!  I worried the live orchestra might drown out the talking but it didn't.  It really was an amazing experience.  



Then of course Monday was Halloween.  Not only Halloween but one year since we got Tia, yep she's pretty mellow these days. 


On Monday afternoon we carved some pumpkins.  We didn't have a lot of time so we kept it simple.  There was a horse, a rather strange looking scaredy cat and an evil face.  Our neighborhood was pretty quiet though compared to previous years and we had a good bit of candy left over which I've thrown out so I don't eat it!




We burn candles a lot, nearly year round except in the middle of summer when all the ceiling fans are on.  Halloween is one of those times when it is fun to spend a candlelit evening.  We ate dinner by candle light and I had some on the counter by the front door so that trick or treaters would be greeted with a warm glow.  Someone commented it smelled of fresh cookies but I think that was the vanilla candles!


November 1st and the early morning mist hung over the fields on my way home from school. It was really beautiful.








Comments

Popular Posts