I Voted

Last week I voted in the California Primary.  No big deal you might think but you'd be wrong. When I get asked where I'm from with my lovely British accent, I used to tell people I was an ex-pat Brit but things are a bit more complicated than that.  I was born in Switzerland but grew up in England with a French passport. As a French national I was never able to vote in England (obviously!) but I also never voted in French elections either because it seemed irrelevant.  

Last year I became an American Citizen and now I get to vote.  Last week was the first time I voted, ever.  Huge Deal.  I felt quite emotional about it.  I was clueless about how to actually make my mark on the paper (not as straight forward as you might think) but the people at my polling place were super helpful and nearly as excited as I was about this being my first time voting!

And look at that cute little sticker.  I wore it proudly all day.



Comments

Popular Posts