Stitching With A Friend

I spent this morning stitching deer pincushion tops.  A new friend came over with some handwork of her own and we had a lovely morning of crafting, tea and conversation.  It was so relaxing to stitch, sip tea from pretty cups and chat.  I barely noticed the noisy construction we have going on out on our street and didn't have time to be annoyed that the construction crew had shut off our water for an indefinite amount of time in order to connect pipes to the water mains for some new houses. 



I've made this pincushion design before.  I made some for the quilt show back in February but I sold them there and so they never got listed in my shop.  I'm hoping to get these finished tomorrow and then listed either tomorrow or Friday.  I really do like these soft colors.  





Mica brought a small loom with her and was working on a woven pot holder which she was making from strips of a really pretty vintage floral sheet.  When she showed me the sheet, which she'd found at a thrift store, I was transported back to the 70's!  I'm pretty sure we had sheets like that, maybe not those exact colors but floral like that, and soft.  Later in the day, she texted me a picture of the finished pot holder and I think it's lovely.  The colors make me smile.  Mica and I have a lot in common, not least a deep desire to create beautiful, useful things.  




Comments

Popular Posts