Shadows

I'm supposed to be cleaning the house.  I'm hosting Book Club tomorrow and I really need to clean but instead of doing that I've been out for a long walk round our neighborhood with Tia (my greyhound).  It is a gorgeous day with the slightest of breezes and bright clear light.

As I walked I photographed shadows with my phone.  I must have looked very strange.  Tia certainly wasn't impressed at having her walk continuously interrupted! 

 I'm fascinated by shadows, their detail, clarity or lack of it and their intensity.  It is just another way of looking at light.  I think they are beautiful and they remind me of old faded black and white photographs. 

Walk with us.....















Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of the shadows, the light and dark which that thing provides. Junichiro Tanizaki







Comments

Popular Posts