On My Worktable

This has been a week for trees!  I finished up a batch of Christmas Tree ornaments with hand embroidered flower garlands and another batch with appliquéd flowers and leaves.  I love both styles.  I have added the embroidered garland ones to my shop and will be adding the others tomorrow.  You can check them out here



I used hand dyed felted wool fabric for all these trees and while I love how it looks and feels, it is not as easy to sew with as my regular wool felt.  It does fray a little and it is floppy to embroider on so I have to be careful not to pull my stitches too tight.  I have been buying my hand dyed felt from fellow Etsy shop, Quilting Acres.  I have been really happy with the service from this shop and they have a wonderful selection of hand dyed felted wool fabric in lots of luscious colors.  


This second batch of tree ornaments has appliquéd flowers and leaves.  All the trees are lightly stuffed so they have some dimension but no distortion of shape.  







I have also cut out the parts for some cherry blossom needle books, I plan to start on those tomorrow.  

And finally, I filled out paperwork for another Quilt Show at the end of February.  I am very excited about it, it is a bigger show than the last one so it will be interesting to see how it goes!  















Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to filter out the irritating spammy stuff.

Popular Posts