Embroidered Cushion




Some time ago I wrote about this piece of embroidery in this post.  I pulled it out again this weekend and decided to make a cushion cover.  I had been procrastinating because I forgot to wash the linen before beginning the embroidery and wasn't sure what to make with it because of this (linen shrinks significantly).  If it needs it, I will have to carefully spot clean it. For the back I used a piece of lime green fabric with a woodgrain print on it.  I've had this in my fabric stash for a long time and I love it.  I think I've used a little bit of it in nearly all my quilts!  



It didn't take long to make the cushion cover.  I didn't have a zipper the right size so I made a simple envelope closure.  It looks pretty cute sitting on a vintage beechwood chair in my dining room. 





Comments

Popular Posts