Things I've Been Working On


I've been working on several things at once this week.  I have a couple of custom designs that I'm doing, one is being stitched and the other is still at the sketch stage.  I also finished up this batch of woodland pincushions and some matching needle books.  I'm sometimes asked why needle books are a thing.  Did you ever lose a needle inside your pincushion?  Enough said!  



I've also been working on these colorful needle books.  They match my rainbow flower tree pincushion.  We've had some really gloomy and wet days and I needed something bright to cheer me up.  I can't sit and cut out little felt flowers in all those lovely colors without smiling.  


This being California the gloomy, grey, wet weather doesn't usually last very long and we have also had some very cold days.  We rarely get really sharp frosts but this week we had an unusually cold morning when the birdbath was frozen solid and I couldn't manage to scrape all the ice of the windshield of my car for the school run!  The ground was still sparkling when I took Tia for her walk mid morning!  



I was given a gift card to a local craft store for Christmas and this week I spent a bit of it on this luscious handful of thread.  I love thread and looking at it all neatly organized at the store -  all those colors and it has such a pretty sheen.   This is not for any particular project, I was just restocking and adding a few new shades to my stash.  







Comments

Popular Posts