Some Brightness For This Dreary Weather

I live in California and you may have heard that we've been having some Weather.  In truth it's been completely crazy.  We had several inches of rain from a wild and windy storm system that caused localized flooding, downed trees, power outages and all our local reservoirs to overflow!  Up on "our" mountain we had 9 inches of rain in one day. This then froze and was followed by 6feet of fresh powder and high winds over the next couple of days resulting in dangerous avalanches and forcing the the ski resort to close for the week.  

This is what 6 feet of fresh snow and high winds actually looks like on top of the three feet or so of existing snow.  These are not my photos but from Bear Valley's Facebook page.  The first one is the front of the main building!





The sun came out today and they have been digging out and grooming and I am heading up there tomorrow for some fantastic skiing!

Meanwhile back in the gloomy flatlands, I've been cheering myself up with lots of color!  My orders of wool felt arrived and are just gorgeous.  



I've been working on some pincushions and coordinating needle books with pretty Spring flowers - my way of handling the dark, grey weather and unrelenting rain.  There are wild roses, lily of the valley, forget-me-nots, daffodils and snowdrops.  I think the snowdrops are my favorite.  Every flower and leaf is cut freehand.  This design takes a little longer than some of the others because of all the cutting out but I think it's worth it.  










Comments

Popular Posts