Finishing A Tiny Dandelyne Hoop

In my last post, I shared about the tiny embroideries I've been working on to fit in these cute little hoops.  


Having finished the two little embroideries, I cut them out a little larger than the piece of wood that goes behind them.


Using my hot glue gun, I ran a small line of glue around the edge of the wood piece. Then I placed the embroidery over the non glue side and carefully eased the linen over the edge and onto the back and the line of glue.  There are several videos on YouTube showing how to do this.


Next I positioned the hoop around the piece of wood and fabric, put the little screw and nuts on and tightened them.  


This wooden back plate was glued on using white glue and clamped.  This hides the scrappy edges of fabric.  I used Tacky Glue which dries pretty fast.



I'm still trying to decide whether to put these on a chain or on a beaded necklace.  







Comments

Popular Posts