A Folk Art Pincushion

A while ago I was finally able to find a copy of this book of American Folk Art for sale.  I'd borrowed a very tattered copy from our local library multiple times (always I sign I should really buy a copy!) and really wanted to translate this inspiration into a pincushion design.




I did my usual sketches and then picked out colors.  


I didn't cut pattern pieces for this but simply cut the shapes freehand.  I like that the shapes aren't all perfect.  This is the difference between handmade and mass produced.  



I'm very happy with how the colors all worked out in this design, that light coral color can be tricky to use but it looks right at home next to the pale blue.  I added this finished pincushion to my Etsy shop and it sold quickly but I will be making some more soon. 










.  

Comments

Popular Posts