Finished Woven Wall Hangings

Last week my daughter and I finished our first attempts at woven wall hangings.  These were just for fun and to experiment with different yarns and techniques.  They were fun and we are both pretty happy with how they turned out.  I have lots of ideas buzzing around in my head for a wall hanging with Fall colors.  I can't recommend these inexpensive looms from Target enough.  


This one with lots of neutral shades is mine.  My goal was to play with textures.  I kind of think the finished hanging is winking at me!  I'll be more mindful about placement next time.



This one is my daughter's and she has it hanging in her room.  I think it is lovely with a strong design and interesting colors.  She has since restrung the loom and has started a second project.  I have design ideas but I've had to spend time sewing this week which hasn't left me time to begin a new wall hanging.  



After spending some time collecting yarns with interesting texture and colors that appeal to us, I'm feeling inspired by my stash!








Comments

Popular Posts