New Needlebook Designs

When I was rummaging in my jewelry making supplies for something the other day, I came across a package of keys.  Actually if I'm honest, I came across four packages of different styles of keys!  And it hit me that these might make a really cute accent for a needle book.  I could add some flowers, a little lace ribbon......






Today I am planning to stitch these to the rest of the cover.  I prepared the "pages" yesterday evening while we watched an old episode of "Top Gear" on Netflix.  Before I do that, I'm trying to decide whether to add a couple of stitches to stabilize the keys or whether to leave them free to move around.  I will also trim the lace ribbon and add a tiny bit of Fray Check to the cut ends.  I think they came out cute.  They have a sort of vintage vibe.  Happy needle books.






Comments

Popular Posts