On My Worktable

This week has seen a mix of projects.  I finished up this baby quilt and washed it so that it feels nice and soft.  It is ready to mail now.  I made two of these tree pincushions a little while ago and both sold within a couple of days of being added to my shop so I have made some more.  As you can see, I also have some hedgehog pincushions in progress too.  I should get those finished over the next couple of days.  



My daughter and I have started a stuffed animal project together.  We have designed and made pattern pieces for some stuffed cats.  It is something we only work on together and so progress is fairly slow during the week when she is busy with school things.  We had fun picking out fabrics together.  We didn't buy any new fabrics but "shopped" from my ample fabric stash!  I'm looking forward to working on this over the weekend.  


I finished reading "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova.  What a compelling story!  We are reading it later in the year for my Book Club but I bought it and couldn't stop reading once I'd opened it.  The book takes a good honest look at the devastating effect of early onset alzheimer's on respected (fictional) Harvard professor and linguistics expert, Alice Howland.  This book has been made into a movie which I imagine will be very sad.  I think I may have missed the movie and will have to wait for the dvd.  It sounds like a sad book I know, but somehow it is moving rather than depressing. 


I'm currently reading "The Rosie Effect" by Graeme Simsion.  This is the sequel to "The Rosie Project" which we read for Book Club.  Both books make me smile and occasionally chuckle out loud.  Don Tilman is a brilliant, socially awkward (to put it mildly) genetics professor.  Professor Tilman has Asperger's and in his own special way decides to find himself a wife.  He unintentionally meets and falls in love with Rosie, "the world's most incompatible woman" and much craziness ensues!  The books are a love story with many twists and turns.  I'm sad I only have a few pages left!  


I used a coupon and treated myself to this book from my local craft store, lots of ideas and inspiration!



Comments

Popular Posts