A Productive Garden - Despite Our California Drought!


We are only allowed to use our sprinklers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and yet despite that my garden continues to produce.  Yes, the plants look dusty and some of them look very bedraggled but they are surviving!   The tomatoes are outrageously sweet and delicious, the chili peppers are supposed to be that yellow/green color and I have so many I am freezing them as I pick them, using them straight from the freezer.  The yellow beans are tender and sweet and the plants have fruited their little hearts out!  I have a second patch of bean plants coming on to take over when these ones finally do give up.  It is so satisfying to go out and pick things I've grown.



This is beautiful purple basil.  I grow it in a pot with some regular green basil too.  Also my roses are flowering again.  I don't know how they are managing to, it is so dry and so very hot (it's been 100f the last few days).  They are old English roses, smell fantastic and make me smile as I walk up to my front door.  





Comments

Popular Posts