On My Worktable, notebooks and dragons!

I am so enjoying my new workspace.  It is wonderful to finally have a place for everything.   I'm loving the counter height worktop where I can stand to work on paper projects, like the notebooks pictured below.  It is also great to be able to leave work out so that the next time I have some time, I'm all ready to go.  




 

I got these notebooks finished up today, photographed and added to my shop here.  This week I've been mostly working on some more dragon pincushions in new color combinations.  I like to use some sparkly metallic thread on these but it is horrible stuff to sew with!  When I first designed these, I wanted to make them breathe fire, but my daughter said they looked too friendly to be doing that so I have put some flames on the side band instead, along with the phrase, "Here there be DRAGONS".  I wrote about the history of this phrase in this blog post back in April.



The blue and green dragons have metallic thread and the teal dragon has a variegated satin thread on it's wings and chest.  This is a little easier to work with than the metallic thread but still seems to have a mind of it's own!  I also got these finished pincushions photographed and listed in my Etsy shop today.  












Comments

Popular Posts