On My Worktable

Tuesday June 17th 2014

Looking back at my last post, I realize I didn't say anything about that little heart shaped pebble.  I don't know where it came from but I included it because my daughter gave it to me recently!  Over the last few days I've been working on more Moleskine notebooks.  I had ordered some more small ones because I think they might sell well at the Quilt Show in September.  They are approximately 3inches by 5inches and have squared pages, just the right size for tucking in a handbag.  I have one in my bag and it is full of random things, paint color swatches, phone numbers, notes I've made when I've been out shopping, that sort of thing.  I sometimes doodle ideas in it when I'm waiting to pick up my daughter from school.  I enjoy embroidering on the tags and then making them pretty.  I use a sharp paper piercing tool from Tim Holtz to pierce holes in the card after pencilling in the word in cursive.  It makes it easier to sew.  I found the tool pretty quickly after finding that I couldn't pierce the card successfully with a needle without injuring myself!  I like to use a variegated thread for embroidering the words, it helps to pull together the different papers I choose. 





I gently edge the papers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I love this ink, it comes in so many great colors and goes on beautifully.  I use a special foam applicator that gives a nice soft finish.  The ink helps to accentuate the layers of paper.  I do this when I'm scrapbooking too.  







I've also been working on some bunting for my booth in September.  I want to hang some behind my table and also on the front of my table.  I have made two strands so far and have one more to go.  It was much easier than I expected and I used THIS simple tutorial that I found online.   I made the strings (white bias binding) extra long so I would have plenty of wiggle room in terms of the length of the banner since I don't know the exact dimensions of my table yet.  It was a fun project.  I really enjoyed picking out fabrics and it was so easy to do so with my fabrics all organized by color in my new cabinet, see This post from May.  











Comments

Popular Posts