A Sunny Afternoon At The Beach

Saturday 28th June 2014

Earlier this week we drove to the beach for an afternoon.  It was a typical summer day at the beach, warm and sunny until we got to the dunes where the marine layer was still hanging around!  It came and went all afternoon.  When the sun broke through it was beautiful.  There were lots of pelicans flying and I sat and watched some of them diving for fish.  The tide was going out and there were lots of sand dollars left on the tide line.  I read my book and I think I napped for a bit, lulled by the sound of the crashing waves.  In the last photograph of the pelican, it really was that close, I didn't use my zoom at all.  Sunset Beach is on the Monterey Bay.  To the south is the Monterey Peninsula, to the north, Santa Cruz.  It's a lovely spot to spend an afternoon.  On the way home we bought the best strawberries in the area from our favorite organic farm shop.









Comments

Popular Posts