Scrapbooking in my new space

May 13th 2014

My new workspace got finished this weekend and I couldn't be happier with it.  I just keep looking at it and thinking that this is what I've dreamed of for so long and now it's real!  


The legs for the counter with the lamp on it are made from galvanized steel pipes from the local DIY store.  It is all very cool and functional.  I was excited to start creating and I began with some scrapbooking.  What a pleasure it was to have everything to hand!  I made a page about a day my daughter and I spent in Santa Cruz in February when she had no school. It was a warm, sunny day and we went downtown to do some shopping before hanging out near Steamer Lane.  She bought herself these sunglasses in a shop I wanted to go in but she thought looked boring - boy was she wrong, it was full of cool stuff!  I haven't added the journaling yet because it's always my least favorite part of making pages!




Here in the U.S. it is Prom season and I had a dress to adorn and accessories to make.  My daughter has always had issues with some kinds of fabrics touching her skin and so finding formal dresses is a nightmare.  We found a simple fit and flare dress in a cotton damask which I have "Promified" with a lovely underskirt of lace and tulle.  We also dip dyed a white shrug to get a blue ombre effect.  It is really pretty.  We dyed some white cotton lace with the same blue to sew to the dress.   The overall effect will be simple, pretty and slightly bohemian.



As a finishing touch, she requested a simple circlet from the book "Woodland Knits" which was in my April Reading post.  I knitted a brown i-cord with tiny size 2 double ended needles.  This was threaded with some 24 gauge jewelry wire and then I made some little white felt flowers with embroidered centers and swarovski crystals for a bit of sparkle.  In the book the flowers are crocheted but I don't crochet.  I think I like the felt flowers better anyway.  




 




Comments

Popular Posts